Are you looking for a job where you are challenged to draft functional specifications for the mission equipment on board of our vessels. Then read about what Van Oord can offer you. For the Electrical & Automation Department, part of the Ship Management Department in Rotterdam we are looking for a Functional Specification Engineer.
The mission equipment varies from dredging, cable laying, rock dumping and wind installation equipmentIs able to get information from the engineers and Project Manager, to understand how the systems are intended to operate and how they interact.
- Translates the information into correct functional specifications by asking the right questions, listen and summarize.
- Makes sure the specifications fit into the Van Oord standard, design and control philosophy
- Contribute to the project teams by making the functional specifications and maintain these
- Makes the functional specifications description for mission equipment and ship systems
- Describes how equipment and systems will work, how it will be operated, how it will be automated, controlled, how the safety of the equipment and systems is guaranteed at all times and how it interacts with other systems in a logical approach
- Maintains the functional specifications during engineering and after commissioning (As Build version)
- In case of modifications, makes the new specifications according the new design.
- Makes the Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) Protocol and the Site Acceptance Test (SAT) Protocol based on the Functional Specifications and in close cooperation with the Project Managers and Engineers
- Shares knowledge within the company, both verbally and in written form, and provides technical background information and instructions in order to optimise access to and use of the systems
- Investigates and participates in new developments with respect to new/improved control equipment
- Participates in updating the standards how functional specifications are written
- Makes sure that the defined standards will be updated to new insights and that this will be implemented
- University Degree (Master) (Subject Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronica)
- 5 – 8 years’ experience in a relevant work
- System thinker
- The ability to work together with other parties and to think creatively
- Communication skills, a good command of written and spoken Dutch and English,
- Honest, presentable, has authority and sees the bigger picture
- Willingness to travel from time to time
A position where your work will alternate between the office and project sites, and one that will afford you every opportunity to develop by taking courses and trainings. Naturally, we will offer you every chance to work with others to contribute to our prestigious projects. We offer an excellent benefits package tailored to your background and experience
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Elise van Kasteren
+31 88 8268190