As a Geologist, you advise colleagues in the geological field to support projects and tenders. Van Oord’s is shaping landscapes all around the world what means that you will travel wherever the works takes us. Primarily you work at the head office in Rotterdam, therefore candidates located in the EU and that have lived in the Netherlands before are welcome to apply.
- Organize and carry out soil research both on land and on water;
- Drafting of 3D soil models;
- Interpretation of geophysical and geotechnical data;
- Carry out geophysical survey and processing of the associated data;
- Maintaining contacts with, among others, contractors, local authorities and the client;
- Drafting reports;
- Master degree in Geology, Physical Geographer or Geotechnical Engineering;
- Experience in soil research (field work and data processing) is desirable;
- Affinity with water construction works;
- Experience with modeling and the associated software;
- Excellent command of the English language both orally and in writing;
- Independent person with a flexible attitude;
- Practical, analytical, strong problem solving ability;
- Willingness to work abroad;
A dynamic and challenging position where you play a crucial role in the realization of the optimal production process. You do this within a varied, international working environment in which you, together with colleagues, help position Van Oord as a multidisciplinary contractor within the sectors Dredging, Offshore and Offshore Wind.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Applying for this vacancy can exclusively be done online. As soon as we have evaluated the possibilities for you within Van Oord we will inform you right away.
Do you want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn! https://www.linkedin.com/company/van-oord/jobs/
To fill this vacancy we will not be using agencies.