The Engineering and Estimating department is looking for a Junior Geotechnical Engineer who will work on tenders and projects for the benefit of the Dutch market. Therefore Dutch speaking candidates are welcome to apply!
As a Junior Geotechnical Engineer you will provide geotechnical support for the tendering for and the execution of projects in the maritime and infrastructure lines of business. You will be working primarily at our office in Rotterdam but you might work for a short or longer period at a project location in The Netherlands.
- Supporting the projects and tenders in Area Netherlands with geotechnical advice.
- Designing temporary and permanent soil structures. pertaining to, among other things, settlement, stability or soil improvement.
- The design of temporary and permanent earth retaining walls.
- Setting up, supervising and interpreting soil investigations.
- A Master’s in Civil Engineering, preferably Geo-Engineering.
- Experience in relevant software, including Plaxis and the Deltares D-series is an advantage.
- Excellent spoken and written Dutch and English skills.
- Creative, result minded and with a strong analytical ability.
- Excellent communicative and social skills.
- The ability to keep a good overview of and the ability to switch between different projects
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Applying for this vacancy can exclusively be done online. As soon as we have evaluated the possibilities for you within Van Oord we will inform you right away.
Do you want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn!
To fill this vacancy we will not be using agencies.