As Senior Geotechnical Engineer you will be the contact for geotechnical aspects with regard to the tenders and the execution of projects in the maritime and offshore lines of business. You will be working primarily at our office in Rotterdam but you might work for short or longer periods at a project location in The Netherlands as well as abroad. Therefore candidates both in- and outside of the EU are welcome to apply.
- Supporting the project team with geotechnical advice
- Participating actively in research and development programmes
- Supervising and training junior colleagues
- Designing temporary and permanent soil structures with respect to, among others, settlement, stability, earthquakes and soil improvement.
- The design of temporary and permanent earth retaining walls.
- Setting up and interpreting soil investigations.
- A Master’s / Bachelor’s in Civil engineering, preferably Geo-Engineering,
- At least 8 years of work experience in geotechnics and 4 years of experience in designing soil structures,
- Experience in relevant software, including Plaxis and the Deltares D-series,
- Excellent command of the English language both orally and in writing,
- Experience in the execution of dredging work is recommendable,
- Creative, result minded and with a strong analytical ability,
- Excellent communicative and social skills,
- The ability to keep a good overview of and the ability to rapidly switch between different projects,
- Prepared to work abroad.
A challenging technical position in a dynamic international working environment with an excellent employment conditions package matching your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Applying for this vacancy can exclusively be done online. As soon as we have evaluated the possibilities for you within Van Oord we will inform you right away.
Do you want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn!
To fill this vacancy we will not be using agencies.