You will work as Senior Geotechnical Engineer on the ViA15 project. The extension of the A15 highway towards Germany and widening of the A12/A15 highways plays a key role in the further economic development of the regions Arnhem, Nijmegen, Doetinchem and it improves the connection between the harbour of Rotterdam and Europe as well.
As Senior Geotechnical Engineer you are the specialist regarding the geotechnical aspects of one or multiple scopes within the project. Whether it concerns the (partially) lowered area with a foil construction of 200,000 m2, the approximately 2.5 kilometer bridge over the Pannerdensch-canal, the pergola construction over the Betuwe line or the realization and adaptation of the various civil works on the route, with the thorough analyses, checks and designs that you make you lay the foundation for our work.
You will join a team of approximately 15 Geotechnical Engineers who are employed by Van Oord or one of the joint venture partners. In every phase of the project stakeholders will rely on your knowledge and ingenuity. To be able to perform your role properly, you will frequently visit the project site.
Do you want to know more about ViA15? Then visit the Rijkswaterstaat project website through this link.
You are responsible for supporting the project team with geotechnical analysis, advise and designs. Next to that your responsibilities are:
- Set up, guide and interpret soil investigations;
- Write technical recommendations regarding foundations, earth-retaining structures, settlement, stability and influencing existing environmental objects;
- Advise the internal organization on geotechnical topics;
- Attend client meetings and / or review meetings from external parties;
- Act as a sparring partner for Lead Engineers;
- Supervise and coach junior colleagues and thereby contributing to the development of the geotechnical discipline on the project.
You have a flexible and independent approach. With your analytical skills and eye for detail you deliver technically sound products and you are strong in coaching less experienced colleagues. Above all you have fun in geotechnics and want to join us in delivering this multifaced project. In addition you have:
- A Master’s degree in Civil Engineer, preferably Geo-Engineering;
- At least 8 years of experience with geotechnics in a consultancy or contractor environment;
- Experience with relevant software such as Plaxis and Deltares D-series;
- Experience with design rules OI2014v4;
- Experience with SE principles applied in large scale infrastructural (DBFM) projects;
- Excellent command of the Dutch (and English) language;
- Willingness to work at our project offices in Utrecht (2020) and Arnhem (2021 until 2024);
- Willingness to be deployed within the Netherlands after completion of ViA15.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- A salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- A pension scheme;
- A variable bonus;
- Extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- An adequate travel allowance;
- Collective health insurance (optional);
- Flexible working hours.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about Van Oord and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!