To strengthen our team, we are looking for a HR Advisor (minimum 0.8 fte, Gorinchem location) with a strategic and tactical vision on HR. In this role you are the generalist with experience.
- You are the main contact person to the business if it comes to HR related issues.
- You investigate and identify client’s needs, you discuss and understand business issues.
- You like to bring your combined HR and business knowledge to the team of HR Advisors and together work on the HR service level in Van Oord.
- You fly in experts at the table if needed (from the Talent Acquisition, Talent Development or Compensation & Benefits department).
- You are in charge of the implementation, execution and monitoring of the HR policies and all accompanying procedures and guidelines.
- You are at your best in a dynamic environment where no day is the same.
- You supervise the work of a personnel assistant.
- You contribute to the annual plan of the department your responsible for from an HR perspective as well as the HR annual plan.
- You do not hesitate to take up operational HR activities as mobility, optimal staffing in qualitative and quantitative terms, absenteeism, performance management and culture.
- You hold a relevant degree in higher education (HBO/WO) and
- You have a broad background in international HR (at least 5 years of experience).
- You are a no-nonsense type and a 'people’s person’.
- You are a reliable team player but can also work independently.
- You are persuasive, you have organizational sensitivity and a strong client/business focus.
- You act as trouble shooter.
- You are a strong discussion partner, stress resistant and you keep an overview.
- You think strategically and in terms of solutions and possibilities (can-do mentality).
- Your hands start to itch if you notice that processes could be improved and you do not lose track of picking up operational tasks if necessary.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language in word and writing.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
+31 88 8268976