Do you want to work in our office in Gorinchem where you will be able to make a real difference in HSE within a unique international organisation? Do you enjoy working in a close team and do you live in the Netherlands? If so please read further.
For the Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (QHSE) department of the Van Oord Offshore Wind and Offshore (Oil & Gas) division in our office in Gorinchem we are currently looking for a HSE Engineer. As a HSE Engineer you will support the tender and project teams of Van Oord. You will draft and review the required HSE documentation for various international projects and tenders and share these with the relevant stakeholders. You will take part in the internal projects and department deliverables such as incident management. Occasionally you can be assigned for work periods (weeks) to support projects on-site where required.
As the HSE Engineer you take responsibility on HSE subjects for tenders and projects you are assigned to, provide advice where required. You prepare HSE related documentation for tenders and projects based on the Van Oord Management System, local legislation and client requirements. You also take on leadership in the incident management process. In addition, you:
- Communicate and coordinate with the applicable tender and project staff;
- Deliver information about the Van Oord Management System and HSE topics in general during prequalification’s as part of the tender process;
- Work on internal improvement projects within the QHSE department and Offshore / Offshore wind as a whole;
- Support and advice projects on-site where required (occasionally);
- Perform audits and inspections within the applicable projects;
- Gather and report on HSE statistics on a project and area level.
You can make the translation from theory to practical solutions through your good analytical skills. As the HSE Engineer, you work structured and you are well-organized with excellent social and communication skills. You enjoy working in a close team. Furthermore, you:
- Have a bachelor's degree (Higher Educational Level) in the HSE, Engineering or maritime field;
- Have NEBOSH (International General Certificate or higher), MVK or HVK or equivalent training;
- At least 5 years of work experience in a similar role (practical experience is preferable);
- Willingness to travel abroad when required (occasionally);
- Have preferable (not mandatory) experience in Offshore Wind, pipeline installation and/or subsea rock installation;
- Have good command of English language (spoken and written);
- Demonstrable knowledge of global health and safety legislation, HSE systems and standards.
A challenging role in a dynamic international working environment in which you will spend time on the work floor and have short lines with the business, IT and development. Besides, there is room for personal development and growth in various areas. You become part of a dynamic and professional team where quality, flexibility and creativity are among the success factors of the goals of the organization. Furthermore, we offer:
- A salary that fits your responsibilities and experiences;
- Flexible working hours;
- more than average number of holidays and an excellent pension scheme;
- an informal team in which a pleasant working environment and cooperation are central;
- a variable bonus;
- more than enough opportunities to develop yourself.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about Van Oord and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
+31 (0)88 826 2530