Do you have affinity with hydrodynamic analyses for offshore lifting, mooring and workability assessments for Offshore Wind Energy and Oil and Gas Projects. Then read about what Van Oord can offer you. The Van Oord Subsea Engineering Department located in Gorinchem, the Netherlands, is looking for an enthusiastic Hydrodynamic Engineer.
Within a team of about 15 engineers of various disciplines, the Hydrodynamic Engineer focusses on the interaction between vessel behaviour and waves in order to determine workability. The Hydrodynamic Engineer studies vessel behaviour by determining e.g. RAO’s and is able to use the results to assess workability of vessels in different wave climates. The workability assessment is used to optimize work methods and installation calculations such as mooring and lift analyses. You will work in close cooperation with project teams and liaise with vessel crew before and during execution.
- Involved in the design and installation aspects of international projects from tender phase, up to and including execution.
- Develop safe and efficient installation procedures and innovative solutions.
- Manage assignments set out with specialized engineering consultants.
- Follow-up project execution on site.
- A qualified MSc engineer with a degree in naval architecture, offshore / civil engineering or physics.
- Affinity with specialized software such as Ansys AQWA, OrcaFlex and SWAN.
- Programming skills are required (preferably Python or C++).
- A colleague with practical, analytical, communication and commercial skills.
- Good verbal and written knowledge of the English language in an engineering environment.
- Willingness to work abroad for several weeks/months per year.
We offer an international working environment, give you the opportunity for self-development and the possibility to achieve successful results together with a team. A good salary and employment conditions are, of course, part of the package.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below.
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.