Do you want to work in close relation to challenging offshore and offshore wind projects and do you have affinity with hydrodynamic analyses for offshore lifting, mooring and workability assessments? Then read about what Van Oord can offer you. For our Subsea Engineering Department located in Gorinchem, the Netherlands, we are looking for an enthusiastic Hydrodynamic Engineer.
Within a team of about 20 engineers of various disciplines, the Hydrodynamic Engineer focuses on the interaction between vessel behavior and waves in order to determine workability. You will study vessel behavior by determining e.g. RAO’s and you are able to use the results to assess workability of vessels in different wave climates. The workability assessment is used to optimize work methods and installation calculations such as mooring and lifting analyses. You will work in close cooperation with project teams and liaise with vessel crew before and during execution.
- Involved in the design and installation aspects of international projects from tender phase, up to and including execution
- Development of safe and efficient installation procedures and innovative solutions
- Manage assignments set out with specialized engineering consultants
- Follow-up project execution on site location or offshore
- MSc degree in engineering (i.e. Offshore, Maritime, Physics)
- Preferably several years of working experience in a similar position
- Affinity with specialized software such as Ansys AQWA, OrcaFlex and SWAN
- Programming skills are required (preferably Python or C++)
- Good verbal and written knowledge of the English language in an engineering environment
- An enthusiastic colleague with practical, analytical, communication and commercial skills
- Willingness to travel abroad to follow up on board of our vessels
Working in an international, challenging and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- a pension scheme;
- a variable bonus;
- extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- an adequate travel allowance;
- collective health insurance (optional);
- flexible working hours.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for this position by using the button below! If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.