Are you an experienced Senior IT System Engineer? Do you combine knowledge to set up innovative IT solutions to push boundaries? Do you want to work in an environment with more than 1000 servers, 4000 workstations spread over 80 offices and 80 ships worldwide? And can you handle the related IT challenges?
As a System engineer at Van Oord you can indulge yourself. The IT Change & Project team is a multiskilled international operating team responsible for the development and delivery of innovative high-quality IT services with a focus on continuity and security.
As a System engineer at Van Oord, you not only manage the IT environment at our offices, but you also manage the infrastructure on board of trailing suction hopper dredgers, cable layers or rock dumps. What makes it really special:
- Being part of delivering IT solutions for projects worldwide, like Dubai Islands, 2nd Suez Canal, Moin container terminal, Kaohsiung harbor expansion and Darwin LNG terminal;
- Being part of our Cloud journey and improving our innovative IT solutions;
- Being part of challenging projects to deliver new infrastructure to our offices and ships worldwide.
Because of our challenging projects and dynamic work environment our IT infrastructure evolves every day. Customer focus, ease of use, efficiency, security and proactivity are key to deliver high quality IT solutions. You are going to help us! You will work in a multi skilled team of engineers to manage our infrastructure and service our business at our office based in Rotterdam. It is an unique and exciting position where we need your expertise and ingenuity for all different kind of projects worldwide.
You are an experienced System Engineer who combines analytical skills with a proactive, flexible and energetic attitude. Good outcome and results matter! You are experienced in working with Microsoft, Cisco/Meraki infrastructure and you have the relevant and actual certifications. With your excellent social skills you know how to build bridges between the IT disciplines and our customers. You can work under a lot of pressure and also love the typical Rotterdam humor. In addition, you have a great sense of responsibility and you know the importance of planning well and prioritising. Furthermore, you have:
- HBO work- and thinking level;
- a minimum of 5 years relevant and recent work experience in a similar role preferably in a medium/large technical organization;
- Broad technical knowledge of and experience with Windows Server 2016/2012;
- Proven knowledge and experience working with VMware Vsphere 6.0, Hyper-V 2016, O365, Azure, Activity Directory (AD) and Sharepoint;
- Highly skilled in Powershell and knowledge of Linux;
- Knowledge of and experience working with frameworks, like ITIL, Prince2 and Lean-IT;
- An excellent command of Dutch and English.
You will be working in a professional IT organization in a collegial team with a great can do mentality, where innovation, quality, flexibility and creativity are the key to the success of our onshore and offshore projects. Furthermore, we offer:
- A salary that suits your responsibilities;
- Excellent secondary employment conditions.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Elise van Kasteren
+31 88 8268190