Are you an experienced Change Engineer that combines knowledge and innovative power? And do you want to push boundaries? As a Change engineer at Van Oord you can indulge yourself. From deep into the water to high in the air, our projects are often unique and are without exception full of technical, financial and organizational challenges.
Do you want to work in an environment with more than 1000 servers, 4000 workstations spread over 80 offices and 80 ships worldwide? Can you handle the corresponding IT challenges?
The IT Change & Project team is a multiskilled international operating team responsible for the development and delivery of innovative high-quality IT services with a focus on continuity and security.
As a Change engineer at Van Oord, you not only manage the IT environment at our offices, but you also manage the infrastructure on board trailing suction hopper dredgers, cable layers or rock dumps. What makes it really special:
- Being part of delivering IT solutions for projects worldwide. (ie. Dubai Islands, 2nd Suez Canal, Moin container terminal, Kaohsiung harbor expansion, Darwin LNG terminal);
- Being part of our Cloud journey and improving our innovative IT solutions;
- Being part of challenging projects to deliver new infrastructure to our offices and ships worldwide.
Because of our challenging projects and dynamic work environment our infrastructure is under continuous construction. Customer focus, ease of use, efficiency, security and proactivity are key to deliver high quality IT solutions.You're going to help us. You will work in a multiskilled team of engineers to manage our infrastructure and service our Business. You do that at our office in Rotterdam.
An unique and exciting function, where from the banks of the Maas and in international operating project teams, your knowledge and ingenuity are called upon.
You are an experienced System Engineer who combines analytical skills with a proactive, flexible and energetic attitude. Result counts for you! You are experienced in working with Microsoft, Cisco/Meraki infrastructure and have the relevant and actual certifications.. With your good social skills you know how to build bridges between the IT disciplines and our customers. You can withstand a sometimes heavy workload and also love the typical Rotterdam humor. You have a strong ownership and control over own work planning, work assessment and prioritizing of work. Furthermore, you bring along:
- HBO work- and thinking level with a minimum of 5 years relevant and recent work experience in a similar role preferably in a medium/large technical organization.
- Broad technical knowledge of and experience with Windows Server 2016/2012;
- Proven knowledge and experience working with VMware Vsphere 6.0, Hyper-V 2016, O365, Azure, AD and Sharepoint;
- Highly skilled in Powershell;
- Knowledge of Linux;
- Knowledge of and experience working with frameworks like ITIL, Prince2 and Lean-IT;
- An excellent command of Dutch and English
You end up in a collegial team with a great can do mentality and are part of a professional IT organization, where innovation, quality, flexibility and creativity are the key to our success. On shore and on the water. You also get:
- A salary that suits your responsibilities
- Excellent secondary employment conditions
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Elise van Kasteren
+31 88 8268190