Do you see it as a challenge to work in an electro technical field with our fleet and would you like to apply your theoretical knowledge in practice? Then read about what Van Oord has to offer you!
The Ship Management department is responsible for maintenance and repairs to our ships and other equipment, as well as new construction and modification. The subdivision 'Electrical & Automation, is responsible for the electrical equipment on board of the fleet and the development and management of the various on PLC / SCADA-based systems on board of our equipment. For this department we are looking for enthusiastic interns and graduates within electronics and industrial automation.
As an intern you will be guided by the Electrical Superintendent / Engineer who is responsible for the electrical equipment on board of the fleet (maintenance, repair, modification and new construction). And with the Process Control Engineer or Production Automation Engineer who is responsible for designing, programming, installing, maintaining and further optimization of the automation systems on board.
Automation & Control duties:
- Assisting in the development of automation systems on board our equipment.
- Assist in improving or at the engineering of electrical systems on board our ships.
- Analyse measure and control engineering systems and make suggestions for improvement.
- A Bsc or Msc in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Automation, Mechatronics or similar.
- Interest in the maritime world, hydraulic engineering.
- Good command of English and willingness to work abroad.
- Good communication skills and result oriented.
- An enthusiastic team player who can work independently.
An instructive internship or graduation period in a dynamic environment. Closing your internship with good results might be a step forward into a challenging starters role at Van Oord.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online before the 30th of April by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Feel free to contact me for more information!
Attention! Candidates have the opportunity to apply for this vacancy until the 30th of April. For this reason it is possible that you will not receive a reply from us until the beginning of May.
Sandra de Waal
+31 88 8268599