Serving an internship or finishing your graduate studies at Van Oord offers you a change to apply your theoretical knowledge in a dynamic environment. The Ship Management Department (SMD) is responsible for maintaining and repairing our vessels and other equipment, as well as for new builds and modification.
The SMD is looking for enthusiastic interns and graduates in Maritime Technology, Mechanical Engineering, and Shipbuilding.
As an intern, you will work alongside the Technical Superintendent while he performs his day-to-day work or offer support relating to vessels being build or modified.
- Assisting with supervising maintenance and repair work on equipment such as trailing hopper suction dredgers, cutter suction dredgers, fall pipe vessels, and side-stone dumping vessels.
- Helping with preparation for and execution of dry docking, new construction, and modification of our vessels, possibly abroad.
- Assisting with the engineering of our new builds.
- A student who is working towards a higher professional or university qualification in mechanical engineering, shipbuilding, or a related field.
- Demonstrable interest in the maritime world, marine engineering.
- Good command of the English language, and
- Willingness to work abroad.
- Good communication skills and be result-oriented,
- You are flexible and able to handle stress, and
- You are an enthusiastic team player who can also work well independently.
An educational internship or graduation project period in a dynamic work environment. Your successful completion of your internship or graduation project could result in a challenging starter job at Van Oord.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online before the 30th of April by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Feel free to contact me for more information!
In addition to your CV and motivation letter we also would like to receive your grade list.
Attention! Candidates have the opportunity to apply for this vacancy until the 30th of April. For this reason it is possible that you will not receive a reply from us until the beginning of May.
Sandra de Waal
+31 88 8268599