Are you creative, do you have innovative ideas and are you interested in a job in which you are challenged every day? Then read what van Oord can offer you! Van Oord is looking for an intern that can start at one of our Offshore Wind projects. We are looking for someone who is available for at least 2 months.
In the role of Intern Project Engineer you are involved in an offshore wind project from design to installation. You work alternately from our office in Gorinchem or at the project location.
- Act as a discussion partner for the Project Manager, the project team and other stakeholders;
- preparing and implementing specific (work) methods with risk analyzes;
- coordinate and advise in case of technical problems;
- review and follow-up of documentation from, among others, subcontractors;
- checking document control registers to ensure that work instructions, working methods and drawings have been issued.
- Bachelor or Master Mechanical or Civil Engineering, preferably with specialization in Offshore engineering or Maritime Infrastructure;
- a good command of written and spoken English (personal preference);
- strong communication and social skills;
- an independent, practical and creative person who can solve problems, dares to take decisions and can work in project teams;
- a flexible attitude towards traveling and working at a project location;
- you are living near the office in Gorinchem;
We offer a varied, international and intercultural working environment with plenty of opportunity to learn and grow.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the position of Internship Offshore Wind before the 31st of October by using the button below! If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Do you like to know more about and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Wouter van der Es