Does it make no difference to you whether a workstation or server is stationary or moving on a vessel, 10 knots per hour, but do you always want to provide the best IT support? As a service desk employee at Van Oord you can indulge yourself. The conditions of our projects vary from deep water to high above ground and are often unique and without exception full of technical, financial and organizational challenges. This also applies to our IT. Are you up to the task? Then apply as a service desk employee at Van Oord!
As a service desk employee at Van Oord you never know where a question comes from. From the head office in Rotterdam? Gorinchem? A Side stone dumping vessel in the Arabian or Baltic Sea? In the end, that does not matter to you either.
- Your focus is to ensure the proactive support of our infrastructure at 80 different offices worldwide and on board of more than 80 vessels;
- you offer the right first and second line support for an environment with 1000 servers and more than 4,000 users. You will do this at your desk, by phone or on board, because sometimes a problem can only be solved on the spot.
- quality and service are very important to you, which we see in the way your administration is organised and the level of participation in projects;
- a lot of variation in this dynamic function, your knowledge and ingenuity are needed on shore and on board of trailing suction hopper dredgers and cable-laying vessels.
You employ your analytical skills, communication skills and pro activity to deliver added value to the customer. Through the combination of 'understanding the customer' and a process-based attitude, you always know where to find the best solution. If you have worked in an international enterprise environment before, this will help you. Furthermore, you bring along:
- an MBO education in an IT-related direction;
- at least two years experience with work on a Service desk;
- knowledge of networks, Office 365 and preferably an MCSA / MCSE certification;
- knowledge or experience with LEAN and continuous improvement;
- an enthusiasm from here to Tokyo;
- excellent command of the Dutch and English language in word and writing.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- A salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- A pension scheme;
- A variable bonus;
- Extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- An adequate travel allowance;
- Collective health insurance (optional);
- Flexible working hours.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
+31 88 8262530