Have you just finished your (technical) Bachelor or Master and are you looking for a challenging job in which you are involved in taking on leading offshore projects? If so, read on to find out what Van Oord has to offer. We are looking for a Junior Cost Engineer Subsea Rock Installation for our Engineering & Estimating department at Van Oord Offshore, located in Gorinchem (The Netherlands).
As a Junior Cost Engineer SRI you, together with the tender team, will be responsible for the budgeting and making offers for multi-disciplinary subsea rock installation projects. You will meet regularly with colleagues, the commercially responsible people and the clients, during which you will discuss the cost estimates and the identified opportunities and risks of the projects.
- Collecting relevant information from the manufacturing, the engineering and the procurement partments and during visits to the project locations
- Drawing up cost estimates for the various tenders
- Drawing up work estimates and providing support during the progress phase of the project
- A Bachelor or Master degree, preferably in technical direction
- Internship experience with the execution of offshore or civil engineering projects
- Experience in drawing up cost estimates is an advantage
- A good command of the English language
- A team player with a strong analytical and numerical mental ability
- Understanding of technical issues but also commercially minded
A varied and challenging position in which you play a crucial role in the tender and realization phase of offshore projects. You start with 6 months of internal training and guidance on the job. During that period you will work on a subsea rock installation project and on board of our vessels. You end up in a dynamic working environment where you and colleagues work together on the ambitions of Van Oord.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated