The Engineering and Estimating department is looking for a Junior Geotechnical Engineer for Area Netherlands.
As a Junior Geotechnical Engineer in Area Netherlands you will provide geotechnical support for the tendering for and the execution of projects in the maritime and infrastructure lines of business. You will be working primarily at our office in Rotterdam but you might work for a short or longer period at a project location in The Netherlands.
- Supporting the projects and tenders in Area Netherlands with geotechnical advice.
- Designing temporary and permanent soil structures. pertaining to, among other things, settlement, stability or soil improvement.
- The design of temporary and permanent earth retaining walls.
- Setting up, supervising and interpreting soil investigations.
- A Master’s in Civil Engineering, preferably Geo-Engineering.
- Experience in relevant software, including Plaxis and the Deltares D-series is an advantage.
- Excellent spoken and written Dutch and English skills.
- Creative, result minded and with a strong analytical ability.
- Excellent communicative and social skills.
- The ability to keep a good overview of and the ability to switch between different projects
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply directly via the application button below. Not convinced yet about handing in a job application? Feel free to contact me for more information or for other opportunities at Van Oord. Sevil Demir, Corporate Recruiter, Sevil.Demir@vanoord.com
Climb aboard and also follow us on LinkedIn!
We do not use external agencies to fill this vacancy.