As a member of the Environmental Engineering team the Junior Hydraulic Engineer is an innovative and enthusiastic thinker that is involved in (inter)national dredging and marine construction projects from tender phase to project execution.
We are hiring Environmental engineers with:
- Preferably (but not obligatory) a background in dredging / hydraulic engineering / offshore (wind) disciplines.
- Affinity with environmental management and ecological design strategies.
- Providing advice to in- and external Clients on environmental matters specified within all relevant project documentation
- Developing and implementing environmental management strategies and plans.
- Developing and translating innovative and sustainable applications towards specific projects (eg. Building with Nature design, eco-design).
- Performing environmental modelling and monitoring and analyzing and reporting the gathered environmental data to internal and external Clients.
- Providing environmental support to projects in execution, including supervising specialist studies by external consultants.
- Creating environmental awareness and commitment of all (project) employees of Van Oord.
- Active corporation in research and developments programs.
- MSc degree in civil (hydraulic, coastal, offshore) engineering.
- A background in modelling of water movement and sediment transport (affinity with data analysis).
- Understanding of the physical, chemical and biological aspects of the marine environment.
- Creative and results-oriented attitude.
- Team player that can also work independently.
- Good social and communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Prepared to travel abroad if the job requires.
We offer an international working environment and provide the opportunity for self-development. A good salary and employment conditions are, of course, part of the package.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below.
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.