Are you studying mechanical engineering or electrical engineering and do you find it a challenge to work with the latest techniques? Are you ambitious and have you always wanted a world internship? Then read what Van Oord can do for you. For our Ship Management Department in Rotterdam we are looking for a Junior Production Automation Engineer.
As Junior Production Automation Engineer, you will be working with our system, which is used for the presentation and automation of dredging and offshore processes on board of our ships.
- Knowing industrial control systems and how to communicate with them (network knowledge, buses, etc.)
- Involvement in the entire project, from feasibility and testing a system, to installation on board a vessel, including the actual hand-over and user instructions (for the crew)
- Supporting the crew in the case of automation problems on- board
- Higher vocational (bachelor or master degree) qualification in electrical engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge of 'C', Linux and Java
- No 9 - 5 mindset, in other words flexible in terms of times and hours in order to keep the system running properly
- A good communicator, also in the English language
- Analytic personality
- Willing, in connection with the work, to spend short periods abroad
You will be given room to contribute your ideas and see them become reality. A challenging and varied role in a team of dedicated colleagues in which your work will take place at the office in Rotterdam and occasionally on board our ships. Together with the team, you will contribute to optimize the production capabilities of our vessels and equipment. In addition, Van Oord offers an competitive salary package appropriate to your background and experience. And one that will afford you every opportunity to develop by taking courses and trainings. Naturally, we will offer you every chance to work with others to contribute to our prestigious projects.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.