As a member of the Environmental Engineering team the Stakeholder manager is a social, innovative and enthusiastic thinker that is involved in (inter)national wind, dredging and marine construction projects from tender phase to project execution.
We are hiring Environmental engineers with:
- Preferably (but not obligatory) a background in dredging / hydraulic engineering / offshore (wind) disciplines or in construction management / project management / stakeholder management, and
- Strong affinity with environmental and social management strategies.
- Developing and implementing stakeholder and environmental & social management strategies and plans related to project setup/design and work method during execution.
- Communicating and discussing project execution plans, risks and opportunities to/with stakeholders within the tender/project environment.
- Managing risks related to project documentation and permit requests and compliance with permits; ecology, underwater sound, archaeology, uxo’s, soil pollution, etc. within the tender/project environment
- Developing and translating innovative and sustainable applications towards specific projects (eg. Building with Nature design, ecodesign).
- Creating social and environmental awareness and commitment at employees of Van Oord.
- MSc or BSc degree in social and/or environmental science.
- Good understanding of governmental relationships and processes.
- Team player that is also capable of working independently.
- Good social and communication skills.
- Understanding of civil (marine infra, offshore wind) engineering.
- Understanding of the physical, chemical and biological aspects of the marine environment.
- Creative and result-oriented attitude.
- Good oral and written Dutch and English communication skills (German beneficial).
- Good networking and presentation skills.
- Prepared to travel abroad if the job requires.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.