At Van Oord, we build landmark maritime works which are often essential to ensure people's safety (and dry feet) and contribute to sustainable development. We love our work, but we don't love surprises. That's why your role as Surveyor is so important.
Are you a starting surveyor and looking for a job in which you receive further training and supervision for the position of surveyor? A job in which you are working on world-famous projects? Then read about what Van Oord has to offer you. For our projects, both in the Netherlands and international, we are hiring Junior Surveyors.
You supply the project teams on site (from the Afsluitdijk in the Netherlands to the tropical Maldives or even off the coast of Taiwan) with topographic and hydrographic information, based on which important decisions are made. On a rotation basis and with a good work/ life balance, you provide the information required for the safe, responsible, sustainable and efficient execution of projects costing millions. Whether it's land reclamation, an offshore wind farm or the construction of a port, the project teams need to be able to trust your information implicitly. From setting up, maintaining and calibrating the advanced measurement equipment to analyzing and incorporating the data into accurate and reliable maps, thanks to your efforts we will never be stumbling around in the dark. This is rightly regarded as a vital link and indeed a unique role, calling for your knowledge and ingenuity on and below the water.
- A higher vocational or university degree in ocean technology, hydrography or similar;
- At the most two years working experience as a surveyor;
- A good command of English;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- A flexible attitude and willingness to work abroad for shorter or longer periods;
- Personal characteristics such as being resistant to stress, a result-driven attitude, a team player and enterprising.
* In addition to several interviews, an assessment is part of the application procedure *
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- allowance for going abroad (based on location and situation of the project);
- a pension scheme;
- a variable bonus;
- extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- an adequate travel allowance, if relevant;
- collective health insurance.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about Van Oord and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.