As an Legal Counsel you are responsible for drafting, negotiating and the conclusion of (sub)contracts. You will also advise on construction law and tender issues and further all relevant legal matters, such as contractual issues and claims.
- You will draft and negotiate a variety of different contracts, such as procurement, supply, NDA’s
- Drafting and assessing shipbuilding contracts, for new construction, renovations and repairs
- You are responsible for the purchase and sale of vessels in our fleet
- You are also responsible for drafting and assessing charter parties
- You work on all legal aspects of claims (liabilities, claims, insurance)
- Dutch law degree (specialism or working knowledge of English law)
- You have at least 5 years of PQE with a law firm of in an international environment
- You have experience working in international projects
- You are a self-starter and able to work independently
- You are able to work under pressure in time-sensitive environment
- You have excellent English drafting skills and you are an excellent negotiator
- You are willing to travel occasionally for work around the world
A challenging role in a dynamic international working environment with an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience. In addition, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills with job-specific training and education.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Sabine van den Elshout