Do you have an affinity with international shipping law and the marine or offshore sector, and would you like to work for a leading international company? Then read about what Van Oord has to offer you. Our Legal Department in Rotterdam is looking for a fulltime International Legal Counsel.
As an International Legal Counsel you are responsible for drafting, negotiating and the conclusion of several types of (sub)contracts. You will also advise on shipbuilding law and tender issues and further all relevant legal matters, contractual issues and claims.
- You will draft, negotiate and conclude procurement contracts related to ships and shipping
- You will advise on shipbuilding law and tender issues and further all relevant legal matters, such as joint ventures, contractual issues and claims
- Negotiating contracts
- You are responsible as for the purchase and sale of ships
- You are responsible for drafting and assessing charter parties
- You work on all legal aspects of claims (liabilities, claims, insurance)
- Dutch law degree (specialism maritime law)
- You have at least 6 years of legal experience, preferably in the world of maritime law
- You have experience working in international projects
- You have experience with international contract forms
- You have excellent English drafting skills and you are an excellent negotiator
- You are willing to travel for work around the world
A challenging Legal role in a dynamic international working environment with an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience. In addition, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills with job-specific training and education.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.