Are you a motivated and enthusiastic Diesel Engine Mechanic? Are you flexible, do you have knowledge of internal combustion engines and are you a self-starter with a hands-on mentality? Read on to see what Van Oord can offer you. For our Yard in Moerdijk, part of our Ship Management Department (SMD), we are looking for a full-time enthusiastic and driven Diesel Engines Mechanic.
The Yard, Van Oord SMD, is looking for a Diesel Engines Mechanic to join his team in Moerdijk. The Diesel Engines Mechanic is responsible for maintaining everything in and around our ship industry.
Location: Yard Moerdijk
- Maintenance, error finding and repair of machines and installations on a mechanical level
- Perform maintenance on the imposed ships in the broadest sense of the word
- Troubleshooting diesel engines
- Performing repairs and overhauls on engines
The running of evening and weekend service
- Willingness to work occasionally on weekends and evenings (picket services)
- Full-time available (40 hours per week).
- Being able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Approximately 3 years relevant work experience in the maintenance of machines / installations for the heavy industry (for example: pumps, turbines, compressors, cranes, diesel engines, ships and gww machines)
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems
- MBO level 3/4 training (secondary vocational education) in mechanical engineering, metallurgy, mechanical or mechatronics or a similar course (have you completed a maximum of MBO 2 or LTS (Pre-vocational secondary education), but you have interesting work experience that fits well with the vacancy? Then an application is welcome as well)
We offer you a varied work environment with possibilities to develop further. A function in which work in the office and on a project alternate and you have plenty of room to further develop yourself by following training and training. Of course we offer you the opportunity to contribute to our prestigious projects in collaboration with others. We offer an excellent conditional package that fits your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Elise van Kasteren