In your role as Manager Electrical & Automation you will lead, develop and manage the teams and people working on the different projects. Our multidisciplinary Electrical & Automation department, which consists of around 40 employees, maintains the desired level of specialist expertise during new building, modification and maintenance projects on our fleet, making use of the latest techniques available.
In the near future Van Oord will face challenges like the energy transition, big-data management, remote operation and shore support, all calling for innovative solutions. We would like you to lead the team and be in the vanguard to support Van Oord’s competitive edge.
Besides managing the department you will be part of the Management Team of SMD, and as such contribute to the formulation of the annual plan of the Ship Management department. Besides that you will prepare an operational plan for the Electrical & Automation department. Implementing this plan together with your staff and realising the set objectives is your main goal. Furthermore your responsibilities will be:
- stimulate knowledge development and -management;
- drive innovation with a strong hands-on mentality;
- build and maintain a strong network of internal and external relations;
- advise SMD management on a tactical and strategic level;
- focus on continued improvement of our customer values efficiency, effectiveness, quality and safety of our services and solutions.
You have a hands-on mentality, organizational sensitivity and enjoying working in a dynamic and challenging environment. You combine your knowledge and experience with professional social and communication skills and a result oriented approach. In addition you have:
- a Master degree in a technical specialization;
- at least 5 years of experience in a similar position;
- proven skills in management and leadership, preferably within a large international organisation;
- excellent command of the English language;
- affinity with the maritime sector;
- willing to undertake international business trips.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- a pension scheme;
- a variable bonus;
- extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- a choice between an adequate travel allowance or company car;
- collective health insurance (optional);
- flexible working hours.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about Van Oord and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.