Are you looking for a position in which your creative and innovative ideas and designs will contribute to challenging offshore and offshore wind projects? If so, read on to find out what Van Oord has to offer. Our Engineering & Estimating department in Gorinchem is looking for a Manager Engineering Department Offshore & Offshore Wind.
You are responsible for managing the department of 50 fte in an efficient and visible manner, with the aim to enable and support the core process of Van Oord to tender, contract, prepare, execute and complete (offshore and offshore wind) projects.
You translate the corporate strategy and targets into solid plans, communications and actions for your department. Following the strategy and market developments, you have a clear vision on required knowledge, skills and numbers of people (including recruitment, training and development). The department has a culture of continuous process improvement.
Your direct reports are the Engineering Managers and Design Managers (approx. 10), who you manage and support to maintain an effective and competitive service. You coordinate internal resources and outsourced engineering scope in close contact with commercial and operational colleagues.
You actively participate in -and contribute to discussions on technical and contractual solutions with specialist engineers, commercial and operational colleagues, clients, certifying bodies and sub-contractors. Focus is to reach optimum solutions in terms of client satisfaction and Van Oord business sustainability.
You follow the latest technical developments in the market and make sure that these are applied properly. You support internal and external Innovation and R&D projects and have an extensive external network in the field of Offshore and/or Offshore Wind.
- A Master’s attained in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, preferably with a specialty in offshore (wind) engineering; at least 15 years of relevant experience
- Analytically very strong and creative, able to translate ideas/ plans into solutions, focus on results
- Strategic thinker and ability to switch between operational and strategical level
- Excellent communication skills, both internal and external, on technical and commercial level
- Antenna for technical and organisational issues arising, proactive approach and showing appropriate leadership
- Flexibility to combine the interests of both head office and projects
- Keen on development of people, enhancing their skills to the full
- Working in a dynamic environment with hard deadlines
- Willingness to frequently travel abroad
A varied and challenging working environment with interesting opportunities to develop yourself further. Van Oord has an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Bas van der Muren
+31 (0)88 826 2499