As a Manager HR you will contribute to the development and implementation of not only the HR department but also Van Oord’s HR strategy ‘the Right People’. You are the manager of the Manager C&B and the Manager SSC. Furthermore you are a member of the HR management team.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a Manager HR (Gorinchem location) with a strategic and tactical vision on HR. You have experience within a big, international and dynamic organisation. In this position you report directly to the Director HR.
- You are the strategic partner for the business, more specifically to the Management Teams of the Business Units Offshore and Offshore Wind;
- You contribute to the development of the organization and the annual plans of the Business Units from an HR perspective and take the lead for the HR components/ projects following from the annual plans;
- You investigate and identify the business needs, you discuss and understand these issues and translate these into specific actions for yourself but also for the HR team;
- You closely work with/ monitor the HR Advisors that are assigned to the relevant departments in the Business Units (from a functional perspective, not a hierarchical perspective);
- You fly in experts if needed (being the managers from the Talent Acquisition, Development or Compensation & Benefits department);
- As a member of the HR management team, you are in charge of the development, implementation, execution and monitoring of the HR strategy ‘the Right People’, the HR Annual Plan.
- You hold a relevant degree in higher education (WO), have a broad background in a similar job in HR (at least 10 years of experience) and have experience within a big (3500+ people), international organisation;
- You have at least 5 years of relevant senior management experience;
- You are a no-nonsense type, you have a healthy dose of ambition and you are a 'people’s person’;
- You are persuasive, you have organizational sensitivity and a strong client/business focus;
- You are a strong discussion / sparring partner at management and director level;
- You are stress resistant and you keep an overview;
- You think strategically, you are analytical, pragmatic and have an out-of-the-box mindset;
- Good command of the Dutch and English language in word and writing.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- company car;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- a pension scheme;
- a variable bonus;
- extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- collective health insurance (optional).
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about Van Oord and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
+31 (0)88 826 2530