Van Oord is looking for a Manager Sustainability. In this role you will be responsible for Van Oord’s global sustainability strategy. In close cooperation with the four business units of Van Oord you will take charge of key initiatives regarding sustainability in our organisation. Your goal is to develop an ambitious, fitting and realistic sustainability programme within our principles ‘License to Operate’ and ‘Licence to Grow’. In this role you will report to the Director Communication & Markets and the Chief Operations Officer (chairman of the sustainability committee).
You develop a feasible sustainability program that stimulates innovation and cooperation and you ensure that the program is integrated within the whole organisation. In addition, you coordinate several projects and liaise with both the internal steering group, the external advisory group and the many other project teams. The responsibilities of this job also include, but are not limited to;
- effectively implement the commercial sustainability programme within the business units;
- advise the steering committee, the Executive Board and management of the business units both tactically and strategically;
- maintain a network of knowledge institutions (Universities, etc.), NGO’s and business partners and you represent Van Oord internally and externally;
- keeping up to date with new market developments regarding sustainability and you are able to include this information to keep the existing program on track and future proof;
- engaging colleagues and new employees regarding sustainability within Van Oord.
You combine a strong vision with perseverance, a goal-oriented attitude and integrity. You can translate the abstract notion of sustainability into concrete, appealing plans, ideas and activities. Your excellent communication skills, strategic insights, high-level energy and organisational sensitivity determine your success. Furthermore, to be successful:
- you have an academic degree;
- significant knowledge of sustainability in organisations;
- good knowledge of change management and commercial processes;
- at least 10 years’ experience in a technical business environment.
A unique chance to work in a global organisation and make a significant impact on our business, environment and people. Also, we offer:
- a competitive salary matching your responsibilities and experience;
- pension plan;
- flexible working hours;
- variable bonus;
- various additional trainings and courses for further (personal) development;
- company car is included.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the position of Manager Sustainability by using the button below! If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.