Do you have an affinity for purchasing and the marine or offshore sector, and would you like to work for a leading international company? Then read about what Van Oord has to offer you. Our Procurement Department in Rotterdam is looking for a fulltime Maritime Purchaser.
As a Maritime Purchaser, you will be responsible for the operational procurement of goods for our fleet. You will work closely with the vessel technical superintendent and crew. In this role you will report to the Senior Purchaser.
- Dealing with quotation requests, offers, and purchase orders efficiently and on time
- Procuring consumables, MRO (spare parts and services) for the vessels assigned to you
- Following up on order confirmations for all orders placed and the agreed delivery dates
- Negotiating prices and conditions
- Assisting the other purchasers when necessary
- Taking action in the event of incorrect deliveries or damaged or defective deliveries, etc.
- Expediting RFQ’s, orders and overdue deliveries
- Approving invoices and mismatches
- A completed bachelor degree and additional procurement-related training
- 3-5 years of experience as initial purchaser, preferably within a technical/maritime environment
- Good command of spoken and written Dutch and English
- You are persuasive, result-oriented, and have excellent communication skills
- You have a hands-on, service-oriented mentality
- Logistic knowledge is a plus
- Enthusiasm and creativity
A challenging purchasing role in a dynamic international working environment with an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience. In addition, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills with job-specific training and education.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.