Do you have an affinity for Procurement & Supply Chain and the marine or offshore sector, and would you like to work for a leading international company? Then read about what Van Oord has to offer you. Our Procurement Department in Rotterdam is looking for a fulltime Material Coordinator.
As a Material Coordinator, you will set-up storage structure on projects according the Van Oord guidelines and systems. Maintain the inventory on the project and on the Van Oord yards in the best possible way to support the company and execute the tasks in the most safely, effective and efficient manner, in compliance with all relevant requirements.
- Maintain the project store on the Company yard(s) incl. execution of periodical stock check through for instance Cycle Counts/Wall to Wall counts
- Manages the preparation (mock-up) and consolidation for projects on the Van Oord yards
- Receipt and verification of incoming materials against the purchase order and reporting any discrepancy
- The safe and efficient management of the stores / warehouse on site in line with QHSE policy
- Take care of proper storage of project materials, under the required conditions
- Maintaining stock records in accordance with Company procedures and system to ensure database is in control and updated on a daily basis
- Keeps track of permanent important items and temporary important items
- Manage inventory of Client supplied materials and inventory of rental equipment
- Receive and ensure retention and filing of all relevant documentation including shipping documents, delivery notes, MSDS’s and certificates
- Provide project team (on/offshore) with required information related to tracking and tracing of material and equipment
- Issuance out of inventory towards project per demand
- Monitor, inspect and register material deliveries
- Tracking and Tracing of materials and expediting
- Execution of periodical stock check through for instance Cycle Counts/Wall to Wall counts
- Perform a material reconciliation of all materials at the completion of a project, and ensure storage, disposal and/or return of surplus materials
- Preparation of shipping manifests / packing lists for de-mobilised materials and equipment
- Assist non STAR IPS users in creating requisitions and materials
- Pro-actively identify and introduce opportunities for improvement
- Customer oriented and works well with others
- High School degree (Dutch MBO) with speciality supply chain management
- 2-3 years’ experience in logistics warehouse materials control processes in a maritime or offshore business environment
- Experience with setting-up storage structure on projects
- Punctually, proactive and accurate
- Experienced working safely around heavy materials and equipment
- Team player, ability to work well under pressure, and demonstrates ability to work independently
A challenging supply chain role in a dynamic international working environment with an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience. In addition, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills with job-specific training and education.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Edwin van der Slagt, Corporate Recruiter, T: +316-15056874,
E: email@example.com, nl.linkedin.com/in/edwinvanderslagt/
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.