As a member of the Environmental Engineering team the Stakeholder manager is a social, innovative and enthusiastic thinker that is involved in (inter)national dredging and marine construction projects from tender phase to project execution.
We are hiring Environmental engineers with:
- A relevant background in dredging / hydraulic engineering / offshore (wind) disciplines or in construction management / project management / stakeholder management.
- Strong affinity with environmental and social management strategies.
- Developing and implementing stakeholder and environmental & social management strategies and plans related to project setup/design and work method during execution.
- Communicating and discussing project execution plans, risks and opportunities to/with stakeholders within the tender/project environment.
- Managing risks related to project documentation and permit requests and compliance with permits; ecology, underwater sound, archaeology, uxo’s, soil pollution, etc. within the tender/project environment
- Managing risks/opportunities and stakeholders relationships within the tender/project environment.
- Developing and translating innovative and sustainable applications towards specific projects (eg. Building with Nature design, ecodesign).
- Creating social and environmental awareness and commitment of all (project) employees of Van Oord.
- Supervising / coaching junior (stakeholder engagement) environmental engineers.
- MSc or BSc degree in social and/or environmental science.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in preferably marine dredging and/or offshore wind construction projects in relation to stakeholder and/or environmental issues.
- Solid understanding of governmental relationships and processes.
- Solid understanding of a range of communications disciplines
- Strong partnership and stakeholder engagement abilities, with expertise in influencing senior level stakeholders
- Well-organized team player that can also work independently.
- Good social and communication skills.
- Good understanding of civil (marine infra, offshore wind) engineering.
- Good understanding of the physical, chemical and biological aspects of the marine environment.
- Creative and result-oriented attitude.
- Good oral and written Dutch and English communication skills (German beneficial).
- Strong networking and presentation skills.
- Preparedness to travel abroad if the job requires.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below.
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.