This position represents a key addition to our well-established team of coastal engineers working as part of our Engineering department.
As a Metocean Engineer, you'll provide expert advice, support and data analysis on meteorological, oceanographic and climatology processes for diverse regions of the world in support of design and operational activities. Our projects typically include offshore wind, dredging and reclamation, coastal protection, ports and water ways, offshore oil and gas.
• Produce metocean design criteria for coastal and offshore structures.
• Provide metocean input for the projects (tender stage and construction stage).
• Specify, scope, contract, and manage offshore and nearshore data acquisition requirements.
• Support projects in execution through ongoing operational oceanography service.
• Develop new technology and tools for metocean and contribute to metocean R&D programs.
- Have Msc. in Oceanography, Coastal Engineering or related field.
- Have a proven track record of providing metocean or coastal engineering studies worldwide
- Have experience with the application of numerical modelling tools for simulating wave propagation and wave penetration (e.g. SWAN, SWASH, Mike21SW, Mike 21 BW);
- Have programming skills (Matlab, Python or similar);
- Have the verbal and written ability to present and deliver technical information and data in a clear and precise manner;
- Have excellent communication and report writing skills in English
- Enjoy operating in a dynamic and sometimes stressful working environment.
- Willingness to travel and work abroad
- About 5 years of work experience in a comparable position
A varied and challenging position in which you play a crucial role in the tender and realization phase of complex hydraulic engineering projects. You do this within an international working environment where you, together with colleagues, build on Van Oord as a multidisciplinary contractor within the sectors Bagger, Offshore and Offshore Wind.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.