Are you an enthusiastic and experienced Microsoft IT Systems Engineer and are you a team player who’s able to work in a dynamic and constantly changing environment? Read on to see what Van Oord can offer you. For the IT department in Rotterdam we are looking for a full-time Microsoft Infrastructure and Systems Engineer to strengthen our IT Operations team.
The IT Operations team within the Van Oord IT department is responsible for the technical management of Van Oord’s global IT infrastructure. The team works closely with other disciplines within the IT department. Together with your team colleagues, you will be responsible for the performance, availability and ‘health’ of the hybrid on-premise and growing cloud Microsoft systems landscape.
- Ensuring optimum performance, availability and ‘health’ of the Microsoft Infrastructure, systems and servers, both in the on-premise and the growing O365 / Azure Microsoft cloud environments.
- Dealing with service and system disruptions, analyzing and solving problems and preparing and implementing changes to the above-mentioned systems landscape.
- Structured planning, preparing and deployment of system patches, updates, upgrades or other configuration changes.
- Striving for continual improvement in managing the technical systems landscape, optimizing systems management tasks and automation of standard repetitive tasks.
- Documenting the technical environments, plus writing work instructions and (installation) manuals.
- Managing external suppliers from a technical perspective.
- Participating in infrastructure and cloud related projects.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role in IT support and in the technical systems management of Microsoft Infrastructures, systems and servers.
- Broad technical knowledge of and experience with managing and administering Windows Server 2016, 2012 and 2008 environments.
- Knowledge of and experience with managing and administering O365, Azure AD, PowerShell and Microsoft IAM systems.
- Knowledge of and experience with VMware vSphere 6.0 & Hyper-V 2016 virtualization is an advantage.
- Microsoft Certification for above-mentioned systems and platforms is an advantage.
- Knowledge of standard IT methods such as ITIL and Prince2.
- Excellent command of written and spoken Dutch and English.
- A team player but also capable of taking ownership and control over the planning and implementation of operations activities.
- Analytical, service-minded, proactive, flexible, action-focused and stress-resistant.
A position where your work will alternate between the office and project sites, and one that will afford you every opportunity to develop by taking courses and trainings. Naturally, we will offer you every chance to work with others to contribute to our prestigious projects. We offer an excellent benefits package tailored to your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.