Together with the tender and project teams you will search for the preferred installation method. You will work in close cooperation with tender management, cost estimating and other engineering disciplines during tender stage and work as project team member during the execution phase. You are responsible for the delivery of the works on time and according to the Van Oord standards.
- Development of pipeline installation analyses for our pipelay vessel Stingray and cable installation analyses for our cable lay vessel Nexus for international projects
- Give input and advice on installation methods and deliver innovative alternative solutions
- Liaising with different engineering disciplines and departments (like Operations and Ship Management) on operational aspects, work methods and the equipment to be used
- Manage assignments set out with specialized consultancies
- Follow-up project execution offshore or at the site location
- Contribute to the development of in-house calculation tools
- MSc degree in a technical discipline(e.g.Offshore or Mechanical Engineering)
- Knowledge of Orcina’s Orcaflex time domain software or similar, knowledge of the programming language Python is an advantage
- A team player with practical, analytical and communication skills
- A good verbal and written knowledge of the English language in an engineering environment.
- Willingness to work abroad occasionally to follow up on the installation offshore or on site
Van Oord offers a challenging and international working environment with attractive opportunities for further development. In addition, we can provide an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below.
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Bas van der Muren
+31 88 8262499