Do you have affinity with the installation of offshore infrastructure for oil and gas and wind energy projects and are you passionate about combining hydrodynamics and structural knowledge into detailed analyses? Then read about what Van Oord can offer you. The Subsea Engineering Department in Gorinchem, The Netherlands, is looking for an Offshore Cables and Pipeline Engineer.
Do you want to discover more about our cable laying vessel Nexus? Click here.
- Development of pipeline installation analyses for our pipelay vessel Stingray and cable installation analyses for our cable lay vessel Nexus
- Give input and advice on installation methods and deliver innovative alternative solutions
- Liaising with different engineering disciplines and departments (like Tender department, Ship Management) on operational aspects, work methods and the equipment to be used
- Manage assignments set out with specialized consultancies
- Follow-up project execution offshore or at the site location
- Contribute to the development of in-house calculation tools
- MSc degree in engineering (i.e. Offshore, Maritime or Mechanical Engineering)
- Preferably several years of working experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of Orcina’s Orcaflex time domain software or similar and knowledge of the programming language Python is an advantage
- Good verbal and written knowledge of the English language in an engineering environment
- A team player with practical, analytical and communication skills
- Willingness to travel abroad to follow up on the installation offshore or on site
Van Oord offers a challenging and international working environment with attractive opportunities for further development. In addition, we can provide an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the position of Offshore Pipelines and Cables Engineer by using the button below! If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Do you like to know more about and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.