Are you up for the challenge of working on offshore projects all over the world? Are you creative, do you have innovative ideas and are you interested in a job in which you are challenged every day? For our offshore wind projects we are looking for an Offshore Construction Manager (OCM) Cable Installation.
In the role of Offshore Construction Manager you are responsible for the preparation and implementation of cable installation projects. You work on board our equipment for cable installations, but if necessary (temporarily) at our office in Gorinchem.
- Responsible for the correct execution and progress of the work on board the ship. This is to ensure that the project can be realized efficiently and effectively in accordance with the contractual agreements (safety, quality, planning and budget)
- Pro actively inform various internal and external stakeholders and solve problems if necessary
- Responsible for optimal team performance
- Identifies and reports deviations and takes appropriate measures when necessary
- Manager for superintendents during execution of the work
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Proven coaching leadership style when instructing and motivating project employees, crew members and other stakeholders
- Preferably 5 years of operational and managerial experience on board ships
- Good command of the English language, spoken as well as in writing
- Strong communication and social skills
- Independent, practical and creative person who can solve problems, able to take decisions and work in teams
A job at Van Oord means working on challenging, dynamic and prestigious projects. Take your responsibility and see your ideas become a reality. Van Oord offers an excellent salary package that is appropriate for your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Applying for this vacancy can exclusively be done online. As soon as we have evaluated the possibilities for you within Van Oord we will inform you right away.
To fill this vacancy we will not be using agencies.