Do you have affinity with the installation engineering of pipelines, umbilical’s and cables for offshore oil and gas and wind energy projects? Then read about what Van Oord can offer you. The Subsea Engineering Department in Gorinchem, The Netherlands, is looking for an Offshore Pipelines and Cables Engineer.
Within a team of about 15 engineers you will perform cable and pipeline installation analyses for respectively the offshore wind and offshore oil & gas business units. With the tender and project teams you will search for the optimum installation method. You will work in close cooperation with tender management, cost estimating and other engineering disciplines during tender stage and work as project team member during the execution phase. You are responsible for the delivery of the works on time and according to the Van Oord standards.
- Development of pipeline installation analyses for our pipelay vessel Stingray and cable installation analyses for our cable lay vessel Nexus for international projects
- Give input and advice on installation methods and deliver innovative alternative solutions
- Liaising with different departments (like Operations and Ship Management) on operational aspects, work methods and the equipment to be used
- Manage assignments set out with specialized consultancies
- Follow-up project execution at the site location.
- MSc degree in Offshore or Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of Orcina’s Orcaflex software or similar, knowledge of the programming language Python is an advantage
- A team player with practical, analytical and communication skills
- A good verbal and written knowledge of the English language in an engineering environment.
- Willingness to work abroad for several months per year.
Van Oord offers a challenging and international working environment with attractive opportunities for further development. In addition, we can provide an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below.
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.