Van Oord is a world leading marine engineer operating in more than fifty countries providing innovative solutions for large scale dredging, oil and gas, and offshore wind projects. In 2007 Van Oord established a separate business unit consolidating all activities for offshore wind farm construction. Since then we have been responsible for the design, engineering, procurement and construction of multiple pioneering large scale offshore wind farms in Europe
Van Oord Treasury is responsible for arranging, structuring and executing equity investments and divestments, project finance, and export finance facilities supporting Van Oord’s participation in offshore wind consortium tenders and developments. Successful financing processes are critical for Van Oord’s success. Treasury also provides a wide range of financial advisory and operational services throughout the Van Oord organization which vary and match the growing dynamic requirements of an international leader in highly competitive markets. Due to expanding workloads associated with successful financings, tenders and new tender efforts, Treasury now seeks an Offshore Wind Project Finance Analyst to join its team located in Rotterdam / Gorinchem. He or she shall join a small team of structured finance experts and be expected to support senior colleagues in active projects.
- Dive into relevant details of project assets to quickly build a base of practical knowledge regarding wind projects in order to provide valuable financial and project structuring analyses
- Critically review, build, and maintain cash flow models in Excel working closely with senior colleagues and external financial advisors
- Learn to manage important advisory relationships, partner relationships, and internal relationships, with a view to becoming a primary interface for Van Oord and for consortia
- Create in depth analyses, and written and verbal presentations of such analyses demonstrating affinity with finance and risk assessment balanced against commercial and business development needs
- Actively participate in and ultimately manage various due diligence work streams
- Liaison with legal, tax and reporting colleagues and departments
- Variety of similar tasks as required to build knowledge base, and practically support colleagues, partners and advisors as needed to achieve collective results
- University degree, and preferably masters, in finance, econometrics, mathematics or an advanced technical discipline such as engineering; 0 – 3 years relevant work experience
- Sufficient social skills and emotional intelligence to quickly learn from experienced colleagues and undertake commercial, project management and networking tasks critical to success when dealing with a variety of differing consortia partners
- Ability to learn and apply a broad range of knowledge relevant to projects’ financial success, including accounting, tax, contracting, and marine asset technology
- Flexible team player that is passionate about providing top quality value added contributions that contribute significantly towards the success of a project; also likely passionate about the importance of renewable energy for the future of society
A challenging position within a vibrant and international operating organization, with opportunities for personal development and growth in many areas of the work field. You’ll become part of a dynamic and professional Treasury Team but also an IT environment where innovation, automation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key to meet our company goals. We offer an excellent benefits package tailored to your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!