Do you have PLC / SCADA programming experience and are you ready for a next step in your career? Then read what Van Oord can offer you. Our Ship Management Department (Rotterdam) is looking for a Process Control Engineer.
As PLC/SCADA you will specify, engineer, implement and maintain process control systems, instrumentation and PLC-based systems for our vessels. To read about the experiences of our colleagues Arjan Poldervaart & Michel Pires, click here.
- Taking care of optimum availability of the process control systems and applications on board of our vessels
- Examine and translate users’ requirements and/or equipment-related process control queries into appropriate solutions, which take account of suitability in practice (feasibility)
- Assisting with operational implementation of the PLC and SCADA modifications
- Introducing new developments to the crew and provide technical support with trouble shooting
- To contribute to entire (new construction) projects from start to finish, up to and including the warranty period, in the area of process control
- Taking part in a standardisation process for our SCADA
- A technical Bachelor (e.g. Industrial Automation, Electrical Engineering, MAROF)
- Several years of relevant work experience preferable in a maritime or shipbuilding environment
- Extended programming experience of PLC and SCADA systems (Rockwell, Bachmann, Cimplicity)
- Excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written
- Willing to take the course Advanced Training Implementation Dredging Works (VOUB)
- Strong communication and social skills
- An independent person who is able to solve problems, make decisions and to work in project teams
- Flexible attitude towards travelling and working abroad
A challenging and exciting position within a team of 8 devoted colleagues where your work will alternate between the office and our vessels. Together with others you will contribute to the development and improvement of our vessels and equipment. Besides that we offer an excellent benefits package tailored to your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Elise van Kasteren
+31 88 8268190