Are you looking for a challenging job in which you will be responsible for procurement and supply chain management for our offshore wind projects? If so, read on to see what Van Oord could offer you. For the Procurement & Supply Chain department at our office in Gorinchem, we are looking for a full-time Procurement Engineer.
In the role of Procurement Engineer, you will be responsible for the procurement of challenging sub-contracting packages for offshore wind projects. You will be involved in all phases of the project; tender, preparation and execution.
A key point is that you will take responsibility for the entire procurement process, with the aim of assuring a competitive delivery of quality services and products. This is a commercial , technical and multidisciplinary role involving many internal and external contacts.
- Point of contact for the procurement and supply chain process for tender and project management, suppliers and relevant other internal departments
- Managing and monitoring subcontractors and suppliers on a commercial / financial and operational level
- Creating and implementing a procurement strategy for each project
- Updating procurement status in order to proactively inform project management
- Securing synergies with other tenders and projects and investigate opportunities for incorporating specific purchasing packages into framework agreements
- Sourcing, pre-qualification and auditing of suppliers,
- Sharing market knowledge with key internal stakeholders
- A completed Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical (e.g. civil engineering) discipline
- Possibly supplemented with NEVI 2, CIPS level 5 and knowledge of FIDIC contract forms, or a willingness to develop on these areas
- At least 5 years' experience in tactical/strategic project procurement, preferably gained on large international civil engineering or offshore projects (for example: EPCI)
- A strong affinity with technology, commerce and the maritime industry
- Excellent command of English, spoken and written
- Excellent communication skills (including listening), positively critical, flexible but nevertheless persuasive when necessary.
- Courage and curiosity, a practical attitude and an interest in continuous improvement
- Willingness to travel and work abroad occasionally(5-10%)
A challenging procurement role in a dynamic international working environment with an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience. In addition, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills with job-specific training and education.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Bas van der Muren
+31 88 8262499