Are you looking for a challenging job in which you will be responsible for procurement and supply chain management for our Offshore Wind projects? If so, read on to see what Van Oord could offer you.
In the role of Procurement Engineer Steel Structures you will be responsible for the procurement of foundations for offshore wind projects; Jacket structures, transition pieces and monopiles.
You will be involved in all phases of the project; tender, preparation and execution.
A key point is that you will take responsibility for the entire procurement process, with the aim of assuring a competitive delivery of quality services and products. This is a commercial, technical and multidisciplinary role involving many internal and external contacts. The related procurement activities take place in an international environment.
- Point of contact for the procurement and supply chain process for tender and project management, suppliers and relevant other internal departments
- Managing and monitoring subcontractors and suppliers on a commercial, financial and operational level
- Creating and implementing a procurement strategy for each project
- Updating procurement status in order to proactively inform project management
- Securing synergies with other tenders and projects and investigate opportunities for incorporating specific purchasing packages into framework agreements
- Sourcing, Pre-qualification and auditing of suppliers,
- Sharing market knowledge with key internal stakeholders
- A completed Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical (e.g. mechanical engineering) discipline
- Possibly supplemented with NEVI 2, CIPS level 5 and knowledge of FIDIC contract forms, or a willingness to develop on these areas
- At least 5 years' experience in tactical/strategic project procurement of steel structures, preferably gained on large international mechanical engineering or offshore projects (for example: EPCI)
- A strong affinity with technology, commerce and the maritime market
- Excellent command of English, spoken and written
- Excellent communication skills (including listening), positively critical, flexible but nevertheless persuasive when necessary
- Courage and curiosity, a practical attitude and an interest in continuous improvement
- Willingness to travel and work abroad occasionally
A challenging purchasing role in a dynamic international working environment with an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience. In addition, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills with job-specific training and education.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Bas van der Muren
+31 (0)88 826 2499