Are you looking for a challenging job in which you will responsible for purchasing and supply chain management for our civil engineering projects within the Netherlands? If so, read on to see what Van Oord has to offer you. For the Procurement & Supply Chain department at our office in Rotterdam, we are looking for a Procurement Engineer for the Dutch market.
In the role of Procurement Engineer, you will be responsible for purchasing critical subcontracting packages for civil engineering projects such as the Afsluitdijk, Houtribdijk, De Groene Boog, Maasvlakte II and Friesland Wind Farm. In addition, you will have ongoing involvement in all kinds of smaller projects such as dyke widening, quay construction, the maintenance of waterways and beach nourishment. You will be the specialist on the procurement side during all phases of the project; tender, preparation and execution. An important point is that you will be responsible for the entire purchasing process, including staffing where necessary. The ultimate goal is a competitive delivery of high-quality services and products. This is a commercial, technical and multidisciplinary role involving many internal and external contacts.
• Acting as the point of contact for the purchasing and supply chain process for tender and project management, suppliers and other relevant internal departments
• Managing and monitoring subcontractors and suppliers at the commercial, financial and operational level
• Creating and implementing a procurement strategy for each project
• Continuously keeping the purchasing status up to date in order to proactively inform the project manager
• Ensuring synergies with other tenders and projects and investigating opportunities to include specific procurement packages in framework agreements
• Sourcing, pre-qualification and (QHSE) auditing of suppliers
• Sharing market knowledge with key internal stakeholders
• A completed bachelor's or master's degree in a technical (preferably civil engineering) discipline;
• At least 5 years’ experience in tactical / strategic project purchasing within the Dutch market;
• NEVI 1, ideally NEVI 2 or willingness to follow training of this kind;
• Excellent command of Dutch and English, both spoken and written
• Excellent communication skills, positively critical, flexible yet persuasive;
• Courage and curiosity, a practical attitude and a willingness to continuously improve. A self starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
A challenging purchasing role in a dynamic working environment with an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience. You will also get the opportunity to develop your skills with job specific training and education.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?