In the role of Procurement Officer, you will be responsible for the procurement of challenging downstream (sub)contracting packages for dredging projects. You will be involved in all phases of the project; tender, preparation and execution.
A key point is that you will take responsibility for the entire procurement process, with the aim of assuring the delivery of quality services and products. This is an independent, commercial and multidisciplinary role involving many internal and external contacts.
- Point of contact for the procurement and supply chain for tender and project management, suppliers, subcontractors and the relevant internal departments
- Managing and monitoring subcontractors and suppliers commercial / financial and operational level
- Preparing and implementing Project Procurement Strategies for each tender and project and/or purchasing package
- Preparing Procurement Packages in conjunction with the tender and project teams, receiving and evaluating offers, advising on Best and most reliable offer, negotiating and preparing downstream contracts.
- Updating procurement status reviews in order to proactively inform project management
- Securing synergies with other tenders and projects and investigate opportunities for incorporating specific purchasing packages into framework agreements
- Pre-qualification and auditing of suppliers
- Sharing market knowledge with key internal stakeholders
- A completed Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical (e.g. civil engineering) or commercial discipline
- Possibly supplemented with NEVI 2, CIPS level 5 and knowledge of FIDIC contract forms, or a willingness to develop on these areas
- At least 5 years' experience in tactical/strategic project procurement, preferably gained on large international civil engineering or offshore related projects (for example: EPCI)
- A strong affinity with technology, commerce and the dredging and or infrastructural market
- Excellent command of English, spoken and written
- Excellent communication skills (including listening), positively critical, flexible but nevertheless steadfast when necessary. We regard the presence of these character traits as self-evident
- Courage and curiosity, a practical attitude and an interest in continues improvement
- Willingness to travel and or work abroad
A challenging purchasing role in a dynamic international working environment with an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience. In addition, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills with job-specific training and education.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Applying for this vacancy can exclusively be done online. As soon as we have evaluated the possibilities for you within Van Oord we will inform you right away.
Do you want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn!
To fill this vacancy we will not be using agencies.
Sabine van den Elshout