In the role of Procurement Officer, you will be responsible for the procurement of challenging subcontracting and supply packages for International Complex Integrated projects. You will be involved in all phases of the project: tender, preparation and execution.
A key point is that you will take responsibility for the entire procurement process, with the aim of assuring the subcontracts, delivery of quality services and products. This is an independent, commercial and multidisciplinary role involving many internal and external contacts.
- Point of contact for the procurement and supply chain for tender and project management, suppliers, subcontractors and the relevant internal departments;
- Determining Procurement Tender Strategy;
- Negotiating packages and drafting agreements and (sub)contracts;
- Preparing and implementing Project Procurement Strategies for each tender and project and/or purchasing package;
- Preparing Procurement RFQ Packages in conjunction with the tender and project teams, receiving and evaluating offers, advising on Best and most reliable offer, negotiating and preparing downstream contracts;
- Managing and monitoring subcontractors and suppliers commercial/financial and operational level;
- Reporting Procurement results and meeting targets;
- Updating procurement status reviews in order to proactively inform project management;
- Securing synergies with other tenders and projects and investigate opportunities for incorporating specific purchasing packages into framework agreements;
- Pre-qualification and auditing of suppliers.
- A completed Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical (e.g. civil engineering) or commercial discipline;
- Possibly supplemented with NEVI 1 and knowledge of FIDIC (sub)contract forms, or a willingness to develop on these areas;
- At least 5 years' experience in strategic project procurement, preferably gained on large International Civil Marine related projects;
- A strong affinity with technology, commerce as well as Structural Marine and Port development and Dredging market;
- Excellent command of English, spoken and written;
- Excellent communication skills (including listening), positively critical, flexible but nevertheless steadfast when necessary. We regard the presence of these character traits as self-evident;
- Curiosity, a practical attitude and an interest in continues improvement;
- Willingness to travel and or work abroad.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- A salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- A pension scheme;
- A variable bonus;
- Extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- An adequate travel allowance;
- Collective health insurance (optional);
- Flexible working hours.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.