In the role of Purchaser, you will be responsible for purchasing critical subcontracting packages for civil engineering projects such as the Afsluitdijk, Lekdijk, De Groene Boog and Twentekanalen. In addition, you will have ongoing involvement in all kinds of smaller projects such as dyke widening, quay construction, the maintenance of waterways and beach nourishment. You will be the specialist on the procurement side during all phases of the project; tender, preparation and execution. An important point is that you will be responsible for the entire purchasing process, including staffing where necessary. The ultimate goal is a competitive delivery of high-quality services and products. This is a commercial, technical and multidisciplinary role involving many internal and external contacts.
- Acting as the point of contact for the purchasing and supply chain process for tender and project management, suppliers and other relevant internal departments;
- Managing and monitoring subcontractors and suppliers at the commercial, financial and operational level;
- Creating and implementing a procurement strategy for each project;
- Continuously keeping the purchasing status up to date in order to proactively inform the project manager;
- Ensuring synergies with other tenders and projects and investigating opportunities to include specific procurement packages in framework agreements;
- Sourcing, pre-qualification and auditing of suppliers;
- Sharing market knowledge with key internal stakeholders.
- A Bachelor or Master degree in a technical (preferably civil engineering) discipline;
- At least 5 years’ experience in tactical / strategic project purchasing within the Dutch market;
- NEVI 1, ideally NEVI 2 or willingness to follow training of this kind;
- Excellent communication skills, positively critical, flexible yet persuasive;
- Courage and curiosity, a practical attitude and a willingness to continuously improve. A selfstarter with an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- A salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- A pension scheme;
- A variable bonus;
- Extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- An adequate travel allowance;
- Collective health insurance (optional);
- Flexible working hours.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.