As Program Manager you are part of our IT department. You will participate in a strategical and important program: VO: X Data Management. At Van Oord you are responsible for the realisation of the objectives and the management of the program. The result of the program should be a data driven organization, supported by technology and which offers the opportunity for digital innovation. The many stakeholders, internally and externally, together with the enormous organisational impact, requires a large dose of organisational sensitivity and stakeholder management skills, but also the ability to motivate people and ensure that everyone, as well as the processes in the organisation are aligned.
Van Oord is an ambitious organisation that is constantly working on innovation and improvements.
VO: X data is the name of the digitisation strategy within Van Oord, with the aim of digital optimisation and innovation. An important enabler, and therefore a significant part of this strategy, is transforming the internal organisation to data-driven, using a future-proof data management landscape. This includes organisational, functional and technical components that are related to such transitions. The relationship between the above and the associated change is considered very complex matter.
As a bridge builder with excellent communication skills you are able to convey complex problems in understandable challenges. You are able to answer push back in a positive and enabling way, be serious and , if necessary, persuasive.
- You are dynamic and set people and processes in motion;
- You are energetic, in favour of change and able to handle new situations flexibly;
- You keep course; insistent on the set vision and end goals and act decisively;
- People like to drink a cup of coffee with you, because of your openness and accessibility;
- You have a clear message, you are a "man / woman with a mission";
- You do not have any hidden agendas, you are both honest and transparent and act that way;
- You provide situational leadership; able to tune in to the situation or the person you are facing;
- You have vast experience as a program manager.
- Academic educational level;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a program manager in a complex environment;
- MSP foundation and practitioner;
- Knowledge of (setting up) the different facets of data management (DAMA DMBoK) is an advantage;
- Knowledge of Lean management methodology is an advantage;
- Excellent command of Dutch and English language.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- a pension scheme;
- a variable bonus;
- extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- an adequate travel allowance;
- collective health insurance (optional);
- flexible working hours.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about Van Oord and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Bas van der Muren
+31 (0)88 826 8194