As a result of successful financing, won tenders and new tender efforts, we are looking for a Junior Project Analyst Treasury. You will work in a small team of financial experts, based at our locations in Rotterdam and Gorinchem. Together with your senior colleagues you will support the business units in the field of Project and Structured Finance, both in the tender and operational phase.
Treasury provides a wide range of financial advisory services and operational services throughout the Van Oord organization. Amongst others they are responsible for project- and corporate financing, cash management and guarantees.
The financing processes that you play a proactive role in within the Financing and Investment Center of Treasury, directly contribute to the success of Van Oord. By analyzing current projects and by taking training courses you quickly enable yourself to support your colleagues and give them advice in new tenders.
In addition to active participation in tender consortia, Treasury also provides a wide range of financial advisory services and operational services Do you have the strong social and analytical skills that are crucial for successfully working in a multidisciplinary environment with a wide variety of consortium partners?
- Provide solicited and unsolicited advice regarding Project & Structured Finance for offshore wind and large infrastructure projects,
- Critically evaluate, compile and maintain cashflow- and valuation models in Excel, in close collaboration with senior colleagues and external financial advisors,
- Build a strong network of advisory relationships, partner relationships and internal relations, with the intention of becoming the primary interface for Van Oord and consortia,
- Prepare in-depth analysis with regard to risk assessment, taken into account commercial and business development needs, and the written and oral presentation of these analysis,
- Actively participate in, and ultimately manage, various due diligence workflows,
- Actively collaborate with various disciplines within Van Oord, for example: legal, fiscal and reporting departments.
- University degree, preferably master in finance, econometrics, mathematics or a technical discipline such as engineering,
- Flexible team player who is passionate about delivering added value that directly contributes to the success of a project,
- Strong social and network skills to quickly learn from experienced colleagues and take on commercial, project management and networking tasks,
- The ability to quickly acquire and apply a wide range of knowledge regarding to the financial success factors of projects, including accounting, tax, contractual and maritime aspects,
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language, both orally and in writing.
A challenging position within a vibrant and international operating organization, with opportunities for personal development and growth in many areas of the work field. You’ll become part of a dynamic and professional Treasury Team but also an IT environment where innovation, automation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key to meet our company goals. We offer an excellent benefits package tailored to your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Applying for this vacancy can exclusively be done online. As soon as we have evaluated the possibilities for you within Van Oord we will inform you right away.
Do you want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn!
To fill this vacancy we will not be using agencies.