As a Project Engineer Dredging, you will be responsible for devising and developing technologically complex dredging projects. You will advise clients, the project team, and the tender team about such issues as work methods, production details, and the deployment of equipment.
● Preparing and developing tenders;
● Developing cost-benefit analysis;
● Ensuring information is transferred to the project team and crews during the transition from the tender phase to the execution phase;
● Optimizing the production process during the execution phase;
● Advising on modifications to existing vessels and equipment;
● Becoming involved in the technical in-house production training courses offered to crew and executive staff at our simulator training centre.
● A Bachelor or Master degree in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, preferably in Maritime Engineering;
● Experience in the field of dredging;
● Strong analytical skills, creativity, and an ability to keep ‘the big picture’ in mind and think ahead;
● The desire and interest in further developing yourself into an all-round sparring partner for other professionals, such as the project manager, principal, captain, and tender manager;
● Excellent communication skills;
● Excellent command of the English language;
● Willingness to travel abroad.
A dynamic, challenging job where you will play a crucial role in optimizing the manufacturing process. You will accomplish this in a varied international work environment where you and your colleagues will enhance Van Oord’s status as a multidisciplinary contractor in the Dredging, Offshore, and Offshore Wind industries.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?