Are you looking for a challenging and innovative position in which you are directly involved in the (new) construction and modification projects of our ships? Then read what Van Oord can do for you. For our Construction Department, based in Rotterdam, we are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative and flexible Project Engineer Van Oord Equipment.
In the role of Project Engineer you are part of a multidisciplinary team and responsible for the realization of new construction and modification projects of mechanical systems on board of our ships. You are involved in the entire project, from concept to completion and testing.
As a Project Engineer at Van Oord you will focused on innovation. You will apply new technologies and look for environmental friendly solutions. Furthermore, you:
- Discussing the needs and possibilities with the internal customer;
- Translating this need for a concept design and a budget overview;
- Managing external parties as engineering agencies and suppliers;
- Supervision during the construction and test phase on location;
- Communication with the various parties involved including the end user;
- Reporting and archiving documentation and certificates.
You are an independent hands-on person who can solve problems, take decisions and work in project teams. You have Strong communication and social skills. Furthermore you bring along:
- a Bachelor or Master degree Mechanical Engineering or Shipbuilding;
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience, preferably with comparable equipment;
- Experience in guiding projects and managing external engineering and suppliers;
- Knowledge of the Dutch maritime industry;
- Thorough knowledge of the English language in word and writing;
- Flexible attitude towards traveling and working abroad.
A job at Van Oord that means working on challenging, dynamic, interesting and prestigious projects all around the world. You become part of a dynamic and professional team where quality, flexibility and creativity are among the success factors of the goals of the organization. Our employment terms are competitive and comprehensive. Taking responsibility and see your ideas getting real! Furthermore, we offer:
- a salary that fits your responsibilities and experiences;
- flexible working hours;
- more than average number of holidays and an excellent pension scheme;
- an informal team in which a pleasant working environment and cooperation are central;
- a variable bonus;
- more than enough opportunities to develop yourself.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Elise van Kasteren
+31 88 8268190