As a project engineer for offshore (wind) projects at Van Oord you can really challenge yourself. From deep in the water to high in the air, our projects are often unique and are without exception full of technical, financial and organizational challenges. Do you make possible what seems impossible? Then apply as a project engineer at Van Oord!
We are proud of our sustainable energy and other offshore solutions. The installation of a cable that pulls a pipeline ashore to the construction of wind farms, kilometers from the coast. Sometimes with the help of technology that we first had to invent ourselves. As a project engineer you are involved in such projects, from design to installation. From our office in Gorinchem or at a project location anywhere in the world you make sure that everything is in order.
- work preparation and risk analysis;
- all documents present and up to date;
- point of contact for the project manager, the project team and the subcontractors;
- take action in case of technical problems;
- your scope within planning and budget.
The result? You see innovative plans becoming reality and you know that you have made a very important contribution to this. If you also want to be proud of the use of often unique technology, this is your chance. In a versatile and sometimes downright adventurous position, where your knowledge and ingenuity is called upon in every phase of the project.
You have knowledge of, or at least a strong fascination for, offshore engineering or maritime infrastructure. You are also independent, practical and creative if the situation demands it. You dare to make decisions and become a real troubleshooter. During the implementation fase you'll work on a rotation schedule abroad. You also bring:
- a completed MBO or HBO education, such as mechanical engineering or civil engineering;
- 3 - 5 years relevant work experience
- experience working in project teams;
- excellent knowledge of the English language.
Together with the project team you work on prestigious projects, which often require innovative solutions or the latest techniques. You will get:
- a salary that matches your responsibilities;
- excellent secondary employment conditions;
- plenty of room to develop your professionally and personally, also internationally, so that you can continue to grow in your rol.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
+31 (0)88 826 8202