Are you looking for a challenging position in which you are directly involved in the (new) construction and modification projects of our ships? Then read what Van Oord can do for you. For our Construction Department, based in Rotterdam, we are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible Project Engineer Van Oord Equipment.
In the role of Project Engineer you are responsible for supervising construction and modification projects of mechanical systems on board our ships. You are involved in the entire project, from concept to completion and testing.
- Fetching and requesting the need from the internal customer
- Translating this need for a concept design and a budget overview
- Managing external parties as engineering agencies and suppliers
- Supervision during the construction and test phase on location
- Communication with the various parties involved including the end user
- Reporting and archiving documentation and certificates
- Bachelor or Master degree Mechanical Engineering or Shipbuilding
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience, preferably with comparable equipment
- Experience in guiding projects and managing external engineering and suppliers
- Knowledge of the Dutch maritime industry
- Thorough knowledge of the English language in word and writing
- Strong communication and social skills
- An independent hands-on person who can solve problems, take decisions and work in project teams
- Flexible attitude towards traveling and working abroad
A challenging and varied position in which your activities will take place alternately at the office in Rotterdam and at shipyards in the Netherlands and abroad. Together with others you contribute to the development and improvement of our vessels and equipment. Van Oord offers a package of excellent employment conditions tailored to your background and experience.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.