What you do at Van Oord matters! Will you help us manage the planning and provide focus and overview in the preparation and implementation of our projects such as the ViA15 project, the Afsluitdijk or the widening of the Twente canals?
You will work as a Project Planner for one or more of our Dutch projects. As a Project Planner you deliver reliable project plans regarding the soil, roads, dredging and civil works of the project. Both during the preparatory and the implementation phase. You work together with the client, consortium partners and (sub)contractors and advise on, among other things, time, progress, resources, opportunities and risks. Your knowledge and resourcefulness are called upon at every stage of the project. You can often be found on location to be able to perform your role properly.
You will work closely with other project control professionals who focus on risk management, systems engineering, work preparation and cost control. We encourage you to think and act across the boundaries of individual disciplines. You link the technical to the project management functions and thus create maximum profitability on the project.
You are responsible for independently setting up and maintaining project schedules with activities and milestones based on project specifications. You are also responsible for:
- Proposing solutions for bottlenecks in the planning;
- Acting as the first point of contact for Project Management and the project team for planning and logistics;
- Carrying out probabilistic plans in collaboration with the Risk Manager;
- Reporting on the status of the planning and signalling any bottlenecks to the Project Manager;
- Coaching the project team on the planning philosophy and thereby contribute to the development of the project management discipline within the project.
You are a first-class organizer who effortlessly employs critical path analysis, "what-if" scenarios and probabilistic plans for optimal project control. We appreciate it if you have experience with visualising a planning, planning risk analysis and / or earned value management. You also bring:
- At least 2 to 4 years of experience in EPC project planning, both in the tender and implementation phase;
- Experience in the civil infrastructure market is a plus;
- Solid experience in setting up network planning and planning related software (such as Primavera, Synchro and Tilos);
- At least a completed bachelor's degree, preferably in a technical direction;
- Excellent command of the Dutch (and English) language, spoken and written.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- A salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- A pension scheme;
- A variable bonus;
- Extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- An adequate travel allowance;
Collective health insurance (optional);
Flexible working hours.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me for more information about the vacancy.
Do you like to know more about and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.